Monday, July 18, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Hey!  We've been open for four weeks now and some of you have been asking, "Where's the blog!?"  (That's why I posted the earlier really, really short blog post.)

Well, we've been obviously busy getting the bar up and running smoothly and we're pretty close to achieving that.  In fact, today is the first time I've actually had two days in a row I haven't had to be at the bar to do something.  And, frankly, I don't quite know what to do with myself....

We've been asked how business is and it's going as expected.  Yes, really.  My pull-a-number-out-of-my-ass sales projections from four months ago have been met or vastly exceeded every week since we opened.

There is still much to do, too.  First and foremost, getting a sign out front so people know we're open.  We still get people coming in saying, "I didn't know you had opened yet."  We think a sign out front will help a great deal with that.  After that is probably getting music out on the patio.  It's just too quiet out there.  We don't want loud music outside but we need *some* background music out there.  Then we got to trim the tree up a little; it'll eventually lean on the power supply wires again and that makes us nervous (as well it should).  And then we gotta get our walk-in cooler working right; I don't think it *ever* turns off.  And then we gotta get a cover over the outside "hallway".  And then we gotta get the front window better insulated.  And then....  And then..... And then....  It's never gonna stop.

We're still working on getting decorations up in the bar.  We've got to find places for the mirrors and other assorted stuff.  Seems everybody loves the diamond plate aluminium on the bar, too.  And that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment