Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Everybody Wants us to Open

This seems a little weird to me.

Not only have both Karl and I heard from many folks in the gay community about The Phoenix being open, the business owners in the neighborhood also want us to open.  I would never in my life have though that a bunch of small business owners in Fresno, California would actually want a gay bar to open up in their area.  But that's exactly what's been going on.  The guys across the street from the bar have been watching out for the place and chasing away, uh, we'll call these lovely ladies "undesireables".  The owner of the store right next door has been helpful and friendly.  I'm sure we'd get a similar reaction from others, too.

It's just weird.  I'm happy for it, but it's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment