Sorry for any false excitement I may have caused there.
A lot of people have been asking both Karl and I "When are you going to open?" And, unfortunately, we don't have a good answer for that. We say a lot of things that begin with, "We hope....", and "We think....". I really do wish we had a concrete opening date. But, at this stage of the game, the timing is 100% out of our hands.
Here's a rough reverse time line from the future opening date back to now. (It's only a rough timeline).
- We can't open until the City signs off on our construction work after it's all completed.
- The city won't sign off until we have drywall up and insulation in.
- The drywall can't be installed until the electrician has completed his (or her) work.
- The electrician can't start his (or her) work until the roof is put on and signed off.
- The roof can't be signed off until it's put on.
- The roof can't be put on until the old one is removed.
- The old roof can't be removed until we get a building permit issued.
- The permit can't be issued until the plans have been approved.
- The plans can't be approved until the engineering firm makes all corrections the City wants them to.
I knew there would be delays; but part of the issue is probably that I believe people when they tell me, "This will take X-amount of time." I truly wish I had better information than this. I've repeatedly said in a whiny, nasal voice to Karl over the past weeks and months, "I want an open bar."
I expect to be able to announce an opening date about a month before the actual opening.