I suppose not everything is delayed when starting a business with as much construction as we need to do.
Yesterday morning, the Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (the A.B.C) called and wanted to know if we could come down and submit our application rather than on Thursday as originally scheduled. Hell yeah, we can.
So, we piled into the car and drove to Fresno, wrote another large check, and got the application in. We then posted the required notice at the bar where it must remain for 30 days. Now, if everything worked out right, the earliest we could open would be January 21, 2011. Clearly, that's not going to happen. But it's nice to know that it could.